Pages

Sunday, October 12

neighborhood goat

Our neighbors got a goat. I know it's a goat because I hear goat sounds over there now. Also because our neighbor told us this afternoon: "So, yeah, we got a goat. I don't know how the City feels about goats."

We were glad to know that it was, in fact, a goat, because all day yesterday we thought we were going slowly crazy, all three of us hearing at different times a gentle maa-maaahing from across the wall that suggested some sort of barnyard animal but having at that point no additional evidence, such as a goat-sighting or missing underwear off the clothesline, to assure us of our non-craziness.

But now we know for sure that we're perfectly, perfectly sane. It's our neighbors that are crazy.

It's nice to have a goat around the neighborhood, I think. The maa-maaahing to the west complements the exotic squawking of the parrot to the east. But the minute someone moves in a circus bear or any kind of large sea mammal, we're strapping the couch to our elephant and getting the heck outta here.

2 comments:

Wingal said...

That is the funniest, awesomest thing I have heard all day. Particularly the part where you all thought you were losing your minds.

Remember how I have a deer pot named "goat"? Chivo or however it's spelled? Wait... have they named their goat?!

Jenny said...

You know, I'm sure the goat has a name but I don't know it. I hear it bleating all the time now. While I'm eating dinner. While I'm trying to fall asleep. It's kind of surreal. I think it will probably be a good burglar deterrant.

Say "hola!" to Chivo the Deer Pot for me.