Pages

Thursday, December 18

why the blog neglect?

I'm spending all my free time baking Christmas cookies, that's why. You might think I'm exaggerating, but I am not. I jammed a whole slew of spoon cookies when I got up at 6:10 a.m. today, then went to work where I mentally shuffled my Christmas cookie job duties all day long in order to determine the best way to maximize the two days I have left before the annual Cookie Party, and I just finished baking nearly eighty painfully tiny jam-filled butter cookies that I started mixing at approximately 6:10 p.m. - is that proof enough for you? Who would be this crazy? Did my mother teach me this? If she did, I'd like to have a word with her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ode to cookie o' spoon
like thor
with the tempest of mjollnir
you whisk
and meld
roast with passion
moist glory....sweet moist glory
spoon....spoon de rigeur
dripping...nectar of gaia
sweet ambrosia....mother bosom...my delight
to some
just a treat
to me...all that is holy

schadenfreude lowly dog
no thumbs so no cookies of delight
unless stolen
abscond mon chien lunatique

bless you and your pagan rituals
spoon cookies
cookie de la vida
aaaahhhhhhh
cookie de la vida

Jenny said...

cookie de la vida, indeed. wow.